Why face care regimen is necessary?
Whiteheads also known as closed comedones resemble small white bumps on the skin surface and occur when epithelium cells plug and close a hair follicle. Whiteheads are often confused with pimples due to similar appearance but former require more care while being removed. It is a bad idea to try to get rid of closed comedones by yourself at home. Whiteheads differ much from pimples and blackheads. Their squeezing can lead to skin damage and lasting reddish scars.
How regimen works?
However, strict skin care regimen performs as a good commitment for getting rid of whiteheads:
- Wash your face twice a day using suitable for your skin type skincare products. Employ facial cleanser containing salicylic acid or alpha hydroxy acids, which should help to unblock the pores.
- Accept skin exfoliating procedure as regimen routine. Apply peeling products twice or three times a week. Put exfoliator all over the face with gentle circular moves paying particular attention to the problem facial areas like forehead, nose and cheeks. Use calm exfoliator containing small microbeads to stimulate production of the new soft and healthy epithelium cells and unblock the pores.
- Moisturize your skin with moisturizer or hydrating cream. This suits for oily and mixed skin as well.
- Steam your face for a couple of minutes every day. This will provide deeper cleansing and debris removal. Steaming widens the blocked pores and makes skin smoother. This will facilitate removal of the the makeup remains, filth, oils (sebum) or other secretions and dead epithelium cells.
- Take advantage of a comedone remover (also comedone extractor). This instrument will help to get rid of comedones and other skin imperfections by eliminating black plugs made of mixed oils and bacteria. Use this tool right after steaming procedure to obtain clean and tender skin.
For those with moderate whiteheads amounts doing nothing can be the best solution since closed comedones often fade away by themselves in a couple of days.
Follow face care regimen and don’t try to get rid of whiteheads by yourself or to squeeze them out. It is better to consult a dermatologist or a beautician beforehand.