Although most cosmetic products are not intended to clog pores (comedones), they often lead to clogging. Foundation is not an exception. Liquid but not water-based foundation is particularly comedogenic. Choose natural mineral based liquid or powder foundation of higher quality or non-comedogenic cosmetics to protect your skin from blocked pores. It is crucial to use foundation of high quality to maintain radiant and luminous complexion.
Mineral foundation is a cosmetic product that contains ground into powder natural earth minerals. Typically, mineral foundation `includes following ingredients: zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and iron oxides. It is available in powder form. Due to natural content mineral foundation is usually free of oils, preservatives, fillers, colorants and fragrances. This determines its non-comedogenic characteristics and makes it perfect for those who suffer from enlarged and clogged pores, blackheads and whiteheads.
Mineral foundation compared to liquid or cream foundations has lighter texture and coverage. It conceals enlarged pores. Moreover, such ingredients as the zinc oxide and titanium dioxide have relaxing and anti-inflammatory effect, which helps to handle acne and other blemishes. Enlarged pores on clean smooth skin are not so noticeable.
Water-based liquid foundation
Water-based foundation is a success at treating enlarged and blocked pores. Such liquid foundations are light by texture and coverage. They don’t cause pores enlarging. Water-based formula doesn’t contain oils and doesn’t clog pores.
Advice on foundation:
- Always wash your face and moisturize with organic moisturizer before applying foundation.
- Choose non-comedogenic brands. Remember that many brands provoke clogged pores (both whiteheads and blackheads).
- Exfoliate regularly, especially, if you are using a heavy foundation.
- Wash foundation remains off your face before going to bed.
- Let your skin rest from make-up from time to time.
- Apply foundation with a concealer or foundation brush. Wash it off thoroughly with brush cleaner or anti-bacterial soap and water every evening.
- Use just concealer and some powder now and then.
If clogged pores still occur, stop using foundation.